USAID/Partnerships for Rural Prosperity (PRP)
USAID/PRP is a five-year program, launched in August 1st, 2013 and funded by the US Agency for International Development. The Project aims to empower rural communities with economic growth perspectives through:
- helping them identify economic value creation opportunities based on recognition of their competitive advantages, building common vision and mobilizing the efforts to achieve them;
- arming them with entrepreneurial skills to create sustainable and environmentally friendly business models;
- improving access to finance and markets;
- facilitating infrastructure upgrade;
- equipping them with appropriate skills and tools to protect environment and to mitigate man-made and natural risks;
- expanding employment prospects for women and youth.
- Local Economic Development
- Identification and Promotion of Competitive Advantages in target areas;
- Entrepreneurship Promotion;
- Promotion of Market Access.
- Small-scale infrastructure development
- Rural Environmental Protection
- Gegharkunik Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Armenia (GCCI);
- EV Consulting CJSC;
- Center for Agribusiness and Rural Development (CARD).