Starting from June 1st, 2011 the ''BLACK SEA BASIN TRADENET PROJECT'' has been commenced in the framework of Black Sea Basin Joint Operational Program for 2007-2013 under the European Neighborhood & Partnership Instrument (ENPI) of the EU.
Project is implemented in cooperation with the following 7 partners:
1. Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Shipping and Agriculture Constanta (lead partner), Romania
2. Chamber of Commerce and Industry - Dobrich, Bulgaria,
3. Hellenic Foreign Trade Board (HEPO) - Thessaloniki, Greece
4. Chamber of Commerce and Industry – Kavala, Greece
5. SME Development National Centre - Yerevan, Armenia
6. Chamber of Commerce and Industry - Trabzon, Turkey
7. Chamber of Commerce and Industry - Zonguldak, Turkey
The overall objective of the project is to encourage and facilitate intra-regional partnerships and cross border economic cooperation aiming at sustainable development in the Black Sea Basin, based on combined resources, activities and networks of common interest.
- Improving access of business and potential investors to intra-regional information and trade supporting instruments.
- initiating a pro-Black Sea entrepreneurial culture by promoting business opportunities and investments in the Black Sea Basin, facilitating business contacts and access to specific promotional instruments, organisation of joint events to encourage and promote economic and trade cooperation;
- facilitate connectivity between business support organizations that stimulate economic and trade relations in the countries involved in the project, Romania, Turkey, Greece, Bulgaria and Armenia, by improving their knowledge and access to common instruments – creation of the Black Sea Tradenet network to enable information and trade links between 7 local partner-communities from the 5 countries, promoting the accessibility, innovation and entrepreneurial know-how;
- capacity building among business support organizations by enabling know-how transfer, good practices and exchanges of experience on economic development in the business environment, transfer of know-how from other networks at Baltic Sea and Mediterranean Basin, on establishing intra-regional partnerships and trade links.
- creating and promoting a Commercial Atlas of the Black Sea, which presents the economical and commercial environment in 5 countries (Romania, Bulgaria, Greece, Armenia and Turkey);
- creating a website with information about the economical and commercial growth, with online data bases for business opportunities;
- organizing 7 seminars to present the partner regions and to stimulate the cooperation in the Black Sea Basin, addressed to local SME-s in all partner cities;
- organizing a partnership event (in Greece) for SME-s in all 5 partner countries;
- creating a Black Sea Tradenet Network (B.S.T.) with 7 contact points, hosted by the project partners, one for each area, for the local business communities to have access to information and relevant services.